APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM
FEBRUARY 14TH, THRU FEBRUARY 24TH 2023.
Department: Maintenance , Raynor, Dixon, IL
The ideal candidate possesses the skills and experience required to enter the program at the 1st year or higher level according to the Apprenticeship Standards. If selected, the applicant must complete the remainder of the 5-year program according to the “Standards of Apprenticeship”
Some of the skills and qualifications required are as follows:
- Possesses and understands the use of common hand and power tools.
- Ability to weld, cut, and braze using oxy/acetylene and Mig equipment
- Ability to read 2 D dimensional blue prints and parts diagrams.
- Ability to cut and thread pipe up to 2 inches in diameter.
- Ability to specify and to run EMT conduit and related hardware.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot electrical control systems through the use of appropriate measurement tools and reading electrical schematics.
- Possesses basic knowledge relating to digital logic and the numbering systems used.
- Ability to use current software to access and modify electrical diagrams.
- Ability to use current software for PLC’s and associated control modules to aid in troubleshooting the equipment and machinery.
- Must be physically able to perform the work of the trade with reasonable accommodations and without hazard to themselves or others.