Department: Raynor, Dixon, IL
The Technical Specialist is responsible for supporting the Company’s computers, networking, and communication systems.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configuration and installation of hardware and software.
- Setup and maintenance of the network.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades.
- Provide training to users.
- Responsible for diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Accurate record-keeping.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance.
- Conduct Help Desk duties.
- Provide technical support for all Raynor departments.
- Administration of server backups, anti-virus, spam filter, etc.
- Fill-in for the computer system operator.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
JOB-RELATED AND ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficient in personal computer hardware and software.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and all versions of Microsoft Windows.
- Knowledge of Internet, Networking (Ethernet, TCP/IP), and VMware.
- Basic IBM i Power System (AS/400) skills preferred.
- Basic knowledge of computer programming.
- Basic understanding/familiarity with the company’s ERP system.
- Ability to lift and carry PCs, monitors, printers, etc.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Multiple task organizational skills.
- Ability to interact with other departments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.