Department: Engineering, Dixon, IL
The Product Engineer will be responsible for designing electrical and mechanical components and systems, testing these designs and implementing them into production.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new products that are innovative, reliable, and cost-effective.
- Directly involved in all phases of assigned product development to assure all design objectives are met.
- Monitor the progress of projects on a regular basis and communicate any variances in the established timetables.
- Review product designs and initiate proposals to improve function and reduce cost.
- Provide Engineering support to Technical Support and Customer Service teams. Also, communicate directly with the customer when necessary.
- Assure product compliance with applicable codes and standards.
JOB-RELATED AND ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong problem solving and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to design and conduct product testing procedures
- Able to show a demonstrated ability to maintain and develop relationships throughout the organization
- Strong team player
- Leadership and management skills are essential
- Knowledge of CAD systems with 3D modeling preferred, as well as ERP systems
Bachelor’s degree or better in Engineering or related field.
3-5 years: Related experience in a manufacturing environment is required. Should be proficient in mechanical designs in sheet metal forming, plastics, and castings.