Department: Engineering, Dixon, Illinois
Reports To: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for designing processes for products and implementing them into production.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review manufacturing processes and implement cost-effective improvements focusing on set-up and changeover time reductions and equipment uptime on a continual basis.
- Support and work closely with production, purchasing, marketing, R&D, and many other functions of the company.
- Monitor product quality on an on-going basis.
- Analyze and reduce scrap and rework; identify reasons for scrap, implement corrective actions to reduce and monitor results.
- Provide Manufacturing Engineering input during product line start-ups and upgrading of existing production facilities.
- Initiate cost reduction proposals in materials and manufacturing processes.
- Design tools, jigs, fixtures, and complete manufacturing systems.
- Support new product development.
- Identify and assist in procuring better tools, fixtures, and equipment for manufacturing.
- Do layouts of buildings, product lines, and manufacturing systems.
JOB-RELATED AND ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university with three to five years of related experience in a manufacturing environment with metal forming and assembly background is required.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to show a demonstrated ability to maintain and develop relationships throughout the organization
- Strong team player
- Leadership and management skills are essential
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; CAD (Solidworks preferred) and ERP System.