APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM
FEBRUARY 14TH, THRU FEBRUARY 24TH 2023.
Department: Tool Room , Raynor, Dixon, IL
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The tool and die maker apprentice will analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to make and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools.
- Must complete the requirements of the 5-year apprenticeship program according to the “Standards of Apprenticeship”. Past work experience and education will be taken into account.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude with a sincere desire to improve self.
- Follows directions and works well with others.
- Performs skilled tasks associated with in-plant Tool and Die needs.
- Fabricate and repair metal working dies, cutting tools, jigs, and fixtures.
- Analyzes specifications, including use of blueprints, sketches, and models
- Set up and operation of machine tools, including milling, grinding, turning, and wire EDM
- Measure material using tools such as dial indicators, gauge blocks, thickness gauges, and micrometers.
- Able to safely operate man-lifts and fork trucks.
- Follows all safety regulations regarding machinery and tools, including “Lockout / Tag out” procedures.
- Can acquire the basic hand tools required
- High School Graduate or GED
- Not less than 18 years of age
- Must be physically able to perform the work of the trade with reasonable accommodations and without hazard to themselves or others.