Department: Engineering, Dixon, IL
The Draftsman is responsible for developing and maintaining accurate Engineering drawings that are clear and concise to communicate design ideas to manufacturing, suppliers, purchasing, and any other group members involved.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documents all drawing changes with accurate and complete Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s).
- Assures that everyone affected by changes is notified.
- Work directly with Manufacturing, Purchasing, vendors and other group members with investigating drawing changes.
- Monitor the progress of assigned projects on a regular basis and communicate any variance in established timetables.
- Propose suggestions and ideas to improve the effectiveness of the department and the company.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Language, Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to interact with other departments
- Strong math and analytical skills
- High mechanical aptitude and attention to detail
- Proficient in 2D CAD drafting and basic 3D CAD modeling
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Design or equivalent is required
- 1-3 year of experience is preferred
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this career opportunity with Raynor Garage Doors, please apply by clicking on the link below.