Department: Product Engineering, Dixon, IL
Reports To: Product Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Draftsman I will be responsible for performing specific assignments using clear and concise engineering drawings to communicate design ideas to manufacturing, suppliers, purchasing, and any other group members involved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain accurate engineering drawings that are clear, concise, and open to only one interpretation.
- Document all drawing changes with accurate and complete Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s). Assure that everyone that is affected by the change is notified.
- Create special door layouts for Customer Service.
- Propose suggestions and ideas to improve the effectiveness of the department and the company.
JOB-RELATED AND ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Good math skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player and good organizational skills.
- Flexibility to accommodate changing priorities.
Education and Experience:
Associates in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and knowledge of CAD systems with 3D modeling preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: No certifications or licenses required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.